Thursday, January 24, 2013

Book Love in Pasadena

I'm impressed at how creatively California area kids, teachers and parents express their love of books. Just last month, I visited with a bunch of students at Eliot Middle School in Altadena who brought their pajamas, sleeping bags and books for a library sleepover. On Friday evening, February 1st, I'm joining with kids and mystery writers for some sleuthing at Pasadena's Field Elementary. Earlier that afternoon, I'll be sharing secrets of the writing life (along with writers Leslie Margolis and Kevin Emerson) for Blair Baccalaureate in Pasadena. Hooray for eastside L.A. County readers!

4 comments:

  1. That sounds like a wonderful adventure. I wish we were going.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Since you're sleuthing at Pasadena Field Elementary, perhaps you'll uncover some clues to the mystery of the Great Cootie Outbreak of '73.
    Sincerely,
    Cootie Free Since 93

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't look at me. I spent the entire year of 1973 either applying lip gloss or slow dancing to "Color My World" in a darkened H.S. cafeteria way up in a corner of the rural Pacific Northwest.

      Delete