Sunday, June 13, 2010

Back from NYC


What a great trip! First we met up with my nephew Carl, his girlfriend Laura and our family friend Brian at the Gramercy Tavern. Then I joined my childhood friend Tanya Becker for a day at the theater and a late trip to the Empire State Building (my first time to see the view at night). The fabulous illustrator Julie Fortenberry and her family met us in Greenwich Village for a great Italian meal. Then there were visits to the Metropolitan Museum and my favorite Neue Gallery, with its gorgeous Viennese restaurant. I was in museum heaven.

As I do almost every year, I met with my trusty agent Marcia Wernick to catch up with what's going on. And last, but not least, I had the opportunity to meet with my new editor at Knopf, Joan Slattery, for the first time. She is a delight, and I feel lucky.

I'm so encouraged by the progress we're making on THE AVIARY. It'll be out in fall 2011 and will include some surprises in its design. It's gonna be a beautiful book!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks again for the great meal, Kathy.

    Looking forward to seeing THE AVIARY!

    ReplyDelete